Prepare for the 2017 scholarship process by gathering the following items:
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one letter must be school-related and one letter may be personal or professional.
- A “portrait” of the applicant.
- A copy of your current high school or college transcript.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive free PELL grant information and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. The Michigan deadline for the 2017-2018 school year is March 1, 2017. Be sure to file the 2017-2018 FAFSA. There are three forms of confirmation pages that can be accepted, but we only need one: the page that is displayed immediately after submission, the email that is sent to you after submission, or the first page of your Student Aid Report (SAR). Be sure to include your name on this page if it is not already on there.
- Write an essay describing your most meaningful achievement(s), how they relate to your future goals, and why you are deserving of a scholarship. Essay must be between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces do count).
Questions regarding Bay Area Community Foundation’s Scholarship Program, should be directed to Emily Smigiel, Program Associate or Renee Aumock, Program Officer.